The City of Calipatria offers a number of recreational opportunities in surrounding areas as well as local parks and libraries for children. Below is a list of some of the recreational activities within the Calipatria proximity.
- Imperial Sand Dunes (30 m)
- Colorado River (60m)
- San Diego Beaches (120m)
- Salton Sea Fishing and Recreation (4m)
- Del Rio Golf Course (8m)
- City Skate Park
- Bird Watching
- Off Road Vehicle Trails
The Sonny Bono Salton Sea Wildlife Refuge located in Calipatria includes 35,484 acres of salt marsh and open water as well as 2,000 acres of pasture and freshwater marsh. The refuge is one of the lowest places in the United States, at about 228 feet below sea level. Most of the refuge has been inundated by the rising waters of the Salton Sea. Visitors should be prepared for extremely hot weather during summer months. For more information about this refuge Click Here!
There are multiple City park locations throughout the area. Five parks, large and small, make for fun outdoor recreation throughout the city. Below you will find a list of the parks and their approximate locations.
- Caldwell Park is located on South Park Ave. and Main St.
- Radamacher Park is located on North Park Ave. and Main St.
- Mikesell Park is located on the corner of Hwy 111 and Main St.
- Hernandez Park is located between East California St. and East Delta St.
- Calipatria Little League Park is located at the corner of Barbara St. and North Park Ave.
The City’s Meyer Memorial Library offers a full range of reading material and technology access for students and adults alike. The library’s summer reading program continues to draw great success and youth involvement.
Meyer Memorial Library
225 West Main St.
Calipatria, CA 92233